Friday, February 22, 2008

Ben Folds loves his health food

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself real quickly. I'm Quinn Thompson and I serve as the CAB Concerts Executive. For any question that you may have regarding the concert, feel free to contact me at bigconcert08@gac.edu . I'd be happy to help you out in any way I can.

In my years working with bands coming to campus, I've seen a lot of strange requests from the bands in their riders. A rider is what is attached to the end of a contract full of things that they want the venue to supply for backstage. Perhaps the oddest combination I have ever seen in the same rider is a large pack of dark brown tube socks and four packs of assorted flavors of Big League Chew. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find different flavors of Big League Chew in St. Peter and Mankato!

Some of the items asked for from Ben and the band this time around are:
  • organic whole milk
  • Cocoa Puffs
  • Albacore tuna
  • salted almonds and peanuts
  • soy milk
  • organic yogurt
  • Emergen"C"
  • and LOTS of water
There's plenty more included on the rider, but I'll spare you the details. Just a reminder that it's just over a week until tickets go on sale at the SAO. $10 for a ticket to Ben Folds at Gustavus is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and cheaper than you'll find at any other school across the nation! Also, be sure to check out this week's edition of The Weekly for a feature on the Ben Folds Experience.

No comments: